Ratings by Runner's Choice
Stability - 9.3/10
Comfort - 9.2/10
Design - 8.9/10
Cushioning - 9.3/10
- Outstanding traction because of PWRTRAC outsole
- Super grip with aggressive lugs
- Increased energy return, durability and support because of EVERUN cushioning
- Better support because of TPU frame
- Better breathability because of RUNDRY lining
- Ability to wick moisture because of SockLiner
- Added protection features due to RockPlate
- Blocks debris because of its knit mesh upper
- Improved support because of Flex Film overlays
- Toe bumper to protect toe
- Keep runners in tune with ground with its 4mm drop
We Don't Like
- Less lateral stability because of stiff heel counter
- Shorter gusseted tongue
- Peregrine 7 is an upgraded form of Saucony Peregrine 6 trail shoes with improved comfort throughout the run. It provides optimal grip and traction in all kinds of surfaces.
- Its newly added feature is EVERUN top sole which offers tractability while running which gives back energy for running longer traces.
- Peregrine 7 is not a water-resistant shoe, but with RUNDRY Collar Linings it draws off the water and keeps the moisture away.
- External heel support is provided for lockdown fit and hold for optimum control in the running.
- Other factors that should be taken into consideration are stability, breathability, outsoles and traction, midsole cushioning, upper of the shoe and Breathability. We will scan down each of them in detail below.
Saucony Peregrine 7 Review
Peregrine 7 has claimed Runner’s World Best Buy, winter 2016 award to stamp its unmatched quality. Its PWRTRAC outsole is compatible with all kind of terrain and promises serious grip and stability. Its mechanical TPU exoskeleton helps reduce your walking energy by a moderate amount by providing top support and protection to your foot. Its EVERUN cushioning top-sole provides flexibility with every foot-strike keeping your joints at comfort and keep giving back energy to walk extra miles.
Size and fit
The seventh edition of this amazing shoe is offering medium sizes for both men and women. The size and proper fit of a shoe is the first point in choosing your shoe.
Peregrine 7 offers you a different range of sizes in Medium width separately for men and women.
It is Available in three different colours Teal/purple, Grey/Berry, and Blue/Citron and sizes ranging from 5 to 12 in a medium width for women.
While Men’s shoes are available in in Red/Orange/Black, Grey/Black/Lime and Red/Navy colour schemes with sizes ranging from 7 to 14 inch in medium width.
Saucony Peregrine 7 provides durability and traction with its 4mm heel to toe offset, high traction outsoles, durable rubber and protective overlays.
The shoe’s stability features offer you more ease to concentrate on your natural ride while allowing your feet and body to do more work without having to worry about stability and cushioning features.
Beside its Exoskeleton there are other features like its laces stay tied for a longer time to give more stability and its roomy toe box allows a better foot grip in all kinds of terrain. It helps maintain your joint and muscle health that could otherwise be caused by overuse.
Outsoles and Traction
The PWRTRAC outsole with EBO rockplate and aggressive lugs provide added traction and super grip off trail in snow, mud and all kind of terrain. It is made to handle all kind of terrain conditions.
The above average stickiness aids in climbing up the dry or wet mountains. The solid EBO Rockplate provides rock protection and safety. The Peregrine 7 is a durable shoe with minimum wear. The roomy forefoot absorbs impact and lowers peak pressure.
The EVA midsole cushioning is same as the previous version, but with EVERUN top sole the shoe increases energy return which helps running at a faster pace. Because of its firm cushioning it is quite fast and responsive.
You will feel your performance improved in all kind of terrain. The TPU Exoskeleton locks down the foot firm. The tongue is of medium thickness, soft, comfortable and well padded. It also has a better heel collar with thicker padding which holds your heel better.
The upper of Peregrine 7 has a significant change from its previous version with a TPU Exoskeleton that provides the seamless surface with a flexible material and wider toe box.
A toe bumper protects your feet if you hit a hard object while running.
Another feature of this amazing shoe is that the laces remain tied for a longer period which is a great plus for runners.
The gusseted tongue, though soft but it is shorter to pull at times, this is the only design flaw present in this shoe.
The upper of the shoe helps lock the midfoot very well which provides good balance while running.
Ventilation in this super sneaker is appraisable. The upper unit of Peregrine 7 is quite breathable.
Its dotted breathable knit upper of Flex Film overlays makes it ventilated. Because of its RUNDRY lining and premium Sock Liner inside, it wicks the moisture to a great effect.
Its wide forefoot area provides enough room to reduce heat buildup. This shoe is smartly designed for air circulation.
Saucony Peregrine 7 is unarguably the best available for off-road adventures and running. You can hardly find its competitor with its excellent grip, wider toe box with extra breathing room and unmatched traction.
With its PWRTRAC outsole and aggressive lugs, it provides good control and top grip on any surface. This light and the fast shoe is perfect for any terrain, and it provides better control on any speed.
The Rockplate helps absorb the ground impact and gives you an added advantage on rocky terrain. With providing so much of ease, comfort and protection, it could be called your partner in maintaining health and fitness.
This also provides plenty of flexibility, protection and responsiveness in its function to add to its already amazing features and qualities at an affordable price.