Ratings by Runner's Choice
- Stability - 9.1/109.1/10
- Comfort - 8.6/108.6/10
- Design - 8.2/108.2/10
- Cushioning - 8.9/108.9/10
- This rugged shoe is one of the best ASICS stability running shoes designed for performance on a variety of surfaces.
- The removable sock liner allows those with foot issues to insert medical orthotics into the shoe.
- The rubber sole is designed from a high abrasion rubber, designed to be durable and to take a beating.
- It is comfortable for those who want to run through rough terrain to work out and provides adequate protection to the foot of the toe box and in the remainder of the shoe against the danger of protruding objects on trails that might not be seen by the runner right away.
We Don't Like
- If you are looking for the best ASICS running shoes, these shoes have aggressive lugs on their outsole which do perform well on a variety of surfaces.
- They do tend to slip on flat, wet rocks and this can be dangerous when it is not expected.
- Good sturdy running shoe, BUT not very flexible
- If you are looking for a great trail running shoe that won’t weigh you down, ASICS GEL Venture running shoe provides a really good option.
- Many people find that they need different shoes for various types of running, whether it is running on pavement or chip trails or "off-road" on trails that are rocky and steep.
- If you are serious about running, then you really need to add this running shoe to your arsenal of running gear.
- The ASICS Gel-Venture has an extremely reasonable price point for the top-quality shoe that you are getting out of the box.
The ASICS GEL-Venture running shoe is a trail running shoe that provides the ultimate support for those who prefer to run off-road. The fit is fantastic and provides the proper support in a durable shoe that is designed to help the runner transition through a variety of movements. There are deep grooves and a rubber sole that helps provide improved traction, which is ideal for long-distance running with this light-weight shoe. Runners and people in search of a high-quality ASICS trail shoes may consider this brand by learning more about the ASICS Venture design, technology, and other features. Sounds too good to be true, right?
Gel-Venture are designed for the neutral runner. People are said to be neutral runners when they strike the floor with their heel and then roll toward the toes. The arch of their feet will be slightly inward to absorb the impact as they run or walk.
The wear pattern on their shoes will look like the letter 'S'. It is noted that these shoes' design and their innovative gel support are ideal for runners with neutral pronation.
The ASICS Gel Venture are made out of synthetic overlaid mesh fabric that breathes well and is also water resistant. The women's shoes come in neutral gray trimmed in neon gray while the men's shoes are gray with red trim.
These ASICS Venture shoes lace up for easy fit and comfort. They also feature reinforced toes for protection and safety while running.
The supported back of the trail running shoe likewise helps people stay safe and comfortable while running. These high-quality running shoes also come with a removable sock liner. The shoes are machine washable as well.
The soles of these shoes are made out of hard rubber. Because the rubber soles are designed for durability and strength, they are not as flexible as other running shoe models on the market.
People who need the flexibility for arch support may find that this model of shoe is not ideal for their running needs. However, the hard soles also are noted for their ability to wear well and resist tearing, cracking, and becoming damaged after a few weeks of wearing.
They are designed to withstand the weight of heavier runners such as football players or weight lifters trying to get back into competitive shape. The soles also measure 1.25 inches for both the men and women's model.
The platform on the women's shoes measures one inch while the platform on the men's shoe measures .75 inches. Both models come with the ASICS Rearfoot gel cushioning system. They also both come with AHAR abrasion compound in strategic areas throughout the shoe.
These shoes are available in a shoe for men and women in a variety of colors and designs with the same common features. The synthetic mesh allows the foot to breathe in the shoe so that it does not become sweaty. The outsole is rugged and meant to take a beating on tough trails. The inside of the shoe has removable foam soles so that they can be replaced with doctor recommended orthotics. The heel of the shoe is 1.25" and the platform is 0.75".
Serious runners often have a wide range of running shoes in their arsenal, and these shoes can be considered the workhorses of the lot. They have a protective bumper located near the front of the shoe to shield your toes from any branches or rocks that may be protruding onto the trails you are running. The closed mesh upper is designed to keep out dirt and water in moderate amounts. There is a pocket located near the top of the tongue where shoelace ends can be tucked away. Compare with ASICS GT-2000.
Differences Between the ASICS Men's and the ASIC Women's Shoe
- ASICS Gel Venture are made from synthetic materials.
- These shoes come with mesh overlay synthetic fabric that is water resistant.
- Both varieties (Men's and Women's) measure 12 by eight by four inches. The women's shoe weighs two pounds while the men's shoe weighs three pounds.
- They vary in minimal ways, most notably in their platform height and also the colors and designs in which they are available.
- Otherwise, both come with the same innovation like the Rearfoot gel system that helps runners stay comfortable and safe while they run and exercise.
Comfort of the ASICS GEL Venture
The ASICS Gel Venture shoe provides a great fit with a reasonable level of comfort. There is a Rearfoot GEL cushioning pad that provides extra support for the heel. The shoe is designed for long hours of wear on endless trails and helps the wearer to endure the ups and downs of rougher terrain.
One of the best features of the shoe is that it has incredible grip and traction while providing smooth transition through a variety of terrains.
- The ASICS Gel Venture is what is known as a neutral shoe. It is best worn by people who have high arches and do not need much support in a shoe. A neutral shoe helps a person’s feet to guide themselves in a more natural way through every step so that the runner can find the ideal running gait.
- The main factors that a person should consider when choosing a shoe is arch height, their body frame and their running habits.
- The outsoles of the shoe have reversed lugs which provide that perfect traction for tackling both uphill and downhill terrain.
- The cushioning system helps to reduce the shock that a runner experiences during the impact phase. It also allows for a much smoother transition to midstance.
ASICS Gel Venture running shoes are part of a line of athletic shoes dating back to 1949. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his shoe design venture in his Kobe, Japan living room. In 1977, he named his business ASICS, an acronym standing for the Latin phrase of "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which loosely translates as "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." He has envisioned a line of shoes that would allow people to exercise, stay in shape, and live happier and healthier lives.
ASICS Gel Venture are innovative in their design and construction in a way that keeps people safe and comfortable while running. They also are made to pair well with people's natural pronation tendencies. Along with being innovative, comfortable, and also come in stylish reflective colors.
Do not be mistaken in choosing! If you have any question, feel free to ask it on the contact page.